Obama, I’m so disappointed in you for congratulating Peña Nieto when the election results are not yet official and the whole country is protesting what was an obvious case of electoral fraud. You congratulated a man who bought the election, who while governor is believed to have ordered the rape and beating of women and children and then congratulated himself for it, you congratulated the man representing the party that has ordered countless mass murders of the people who dared to speak out against them, you congratulated a man who, when a homosexual teacher asked him for help when he was fired for being gay allegedly said, “the government doesn’t want fags,” you congratulated a man who couldn’t name 3 books that he’s read when he was asked AT A BOOK FAIR, you congratulated a man who bought the media to disparage his opponents the way Republicans do with you.
You has congratulated the man who killed Mexico’s democracy.
You congratulated a man who stands for everything you supposedly are against.
You gave him and this fraudulent election validation in the eyes of the world.
I know it is not your obligation to help us, after all you are the president of the US and have no obligation to the Mexican people, but why congratulate him? Why so soon when there’s only 6% difference between him and the leftist candidate? Why when there are no official results? Why, when only 38% of the country voted for him? Why, when common citizens who wanted to watch over the election process where detained [by police] the whole day?
I just want to know why. You among all people, you the leader of the “free world,” you the “president of change,” why, while the Mexican people fight for its democracy and dignity, do you hit us with that?
Or is it that democracy and dignity only matters to you when it belongs to the citizens of the United States?
Written by paigemcullers
Note: This post was slightly edited for style and clarity. Links were added by Think Mexican as a reference. See original post here.
Read president Barack Obama’s statement here.
- 300 notes
- alpha-mars likes this
- jusmna likes this
- red-and-anarchist reblogged this from anoncentral
- totallygreatness reblogged this from thinkmexican
- moscowbear reblogged this from sinidentidades
- moscowbear likes this
- eternalpetrichor likes this
- krazim likes this
- miss-creant likes this
- nhubooty reblogged this from anoncentral
- dtbep reblogged this from anoncentral
- dtbep likes this
- t-a-i-n-t reblogged this from anoncentral
- ruiniscrazy likes this
- your-ridiculous-lies reblogged this from sergeantsweater
- gabrieldunn likes this
- brightstartheory reblogged this from amyleona
- intothekawoosh likes this
- intothekawoosh reblogged this from dkyubey
- krakenfatalis reblogged this from anoncentral
- kogiopsis likes this
- amcxd likes this
- etheleato reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- etheleato likes this
- adastrainag6 reblogged this from dkyubey
- amyleona reblogged this from sinidentidades
- amyleona likes this
- ghimren likes this
- gilam0nster likes this
- fallingupbackwards reblogged this from dkyubey
- mr-imbroglio likes this
- fallingupbackwards likes this
- why-are-youtiger likes this
- okorogariist likes this
- sans-nuage reblogged this from dkyubey
- mechy-z likes this
- wordstomeawhisper reblogged this from dkyubey
- trotskitty reblogged this from dkyubey
- human-destiny reblogged this from anoncentral
- themovedmind likes this
- trollinthekitchen reblogged this from dkyubey
- alleyleeplz likes this
- sterwood reblogged this from dkyubey and added:
- sterwood likes this
- mogatrat reblogged this from dkyubey
- fideofucker reblogged this from dkyubey
- dkyubey reblogged this from proletarianinstinct
- wrappedinsemblance reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- lovewashername likes this
- dakotapuma likes this